[Javascript] Non-Evil Exit Consoles

Robert Wall bob at web-walrus.com
Fri Apr 25 20:46:19 CDT 2003

I'm looking to do an exit console.  Here is the basic idea (in English
pseudo-code) of what we want to do:

if the visitor is leaving a page {
  if they're going to somewhere else on our site {
    do nothing;
  }
  if they're leaving our site completely {
    pop up exit console;

Just using an onUnload() function to pop up the window gives them the
window every time they click any link or refresh any page on our site,
which gets annoying quickly.

I want them to get the exit page, but only when they navigate completely
away from our site.

Does anybody have any ideas for doing this?  Any help you could offer
would be greatly appreciated...

-----
Robert Wall						(715) 855-0189
Systems Administrator                                   bob at web-walrus.com
Web Walrus Media

            "Affordable internet solutions for your business"