[Javascript] wanted-a database script

Miked Dougherty michael_dougherty at pbp.com
Wed Apr 30 14:39:48 CDT 2003

Are you expecting the client's machine to be able to access the data
server directly?

If you just want the user to send the html form data back to the web
server for processing, then you don't need a script to do that.

I know late-model IE will warn against a local script attempting to
directly access the database using an ADO connection.  This will require
either continual approval from the user, or a configuration change on
each client.  Exposing your database server to the internet is also a
security concern.

If your use is on a firewall-protected intranet where you have trusted
control of the desktop/browser running the app, then having a local
script make it's own connection to the database can dramatically improve
performance of a 'conversational' form (and lower overhead on the Web
server)

Can you provide more information about what you are trying to do?