[Javascript] Find Color of Pixel Under Cursor

Tim Makins spindrift at oceanfree.net
Tue Aug 5 01:30:43 CDT 2003

If you go to this page..

http://www.mapability.com/grids/ir/ir_demo.html

you will see a small demo of what I call 'overlay mapping'. If you turn on
the 'Relief' overlay, you'll see a relief or elevation map - each different
band of heights is indicated by a different color. It occurred to me that if
I could detect what color the cursor was presently on top of, I could
indicate in a form box elsewhere on the page the approximate height.

HTH,

Tim in Ireland.