[Javascript] Page loaded

Andrew Gibson andyg at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 6 16:19:11 CDT 2003

Thanks Chris, I actually solved the problem without realising it !

How my page worked is that a js call gets made to a hidden frame which
interacts with the db for the new info then returns the result to the main
frame.....but in the function I had .focus()  whether or not there was new
info, now focus is set only if there is new info so it works fine

(I know nothing of flash so that wouldn't be an option anyway...!)

Cheers
Andrew

Subject: Re: [Javascript] Page loaded

That's the default action of when a page is loaded that doesn't have focus.
To do what you say, it'd probably be best if you used something like a
Flash file that does the checking for you, all the while staying on the same
page. Then you can call a JavaScript on the page to alert the user however
you see fit.

If that sounds like a viable option to you but you are totally lost and need
some help, let me know and I'll give you some pointers. Otherwise, I can't
come up with any ideas.

Chris Tifer
http://emailajoke.com