[Javascript] HTTP_GET_VARS on JavaScript.

Chris Tifer christ at saeweb.com
Fri Aug 22 07:54:03 CDT 2003

This doesn't involve JavaScript. You're calling a Flash file and passing
that parameter into the file. So when you want to reference that value
inside Flash, you just use:

===========
_root.number
===========

So if you had a dynamic text field with the name of myText, you could update
it's value (assuming that too is on the root) to display that "number" by
doing:

In Flash MX:
===========
_root.myText.text = _root.number

In Older versions, I believe you just:
myText = _root.number

Although I wouldn't suggest using number as a variable name because it's
normally reserved.

When you call a .swf directly, there will be no HTML rendered, hence, no
JavaScript rendered.

Chris Tifer
http://emailajoke.com