[Javascript] Help - Form Validation

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Fri Aug 22 16:43:19 CDT 2003

Simeon,

	For what it's worth, I never rely on onSubmit; all my forms use
an input type button which triggers the validation routines, which then
submit the form if appropriate.  But enough of my personal beliefs...

	Have your button trigger a third function called RunValidation,
for example, that does this:

function RunValidation() {
	var whatever = runDataValidation();
	var whatnot = runCardValidation();

	if(whatever == whatyouthink && whatnot == whatitshouldbe) {
		doWhateverIsNecessaryToSubmitTheForm;

	Let us know if you need more guidance, but that's the basic
approach.

Cheers,

Peter