[Javascript] Prepacking the HTTP_POST array from JavaScript

Chris Tifer christ at saeweb.com
Tue Aug 26 13:06:39 CDT 2003

> Also, I'm not one of these joes who believes every form should
> have six million hidden fields just to store the machine state if the
state
> can be derived from other DOM objects elsewhere in the environment.

I would hope there's no joes that believes in having six million hidden
fields.
I build some rather extensive applications and I can not recall many (if
any)
times where I've ever needed more than a handful to 'persist state' per se.

This leads us back to my comments on your dillema last week. I still don't
know
exactly what you're doing but when you talk about hundreds - or even
thousands
I seem to recall - of form fields, I as a developer would HAVE to tell the
user
that their method is wrong somewhere. If they insisted on it being that way,
don't think there's any way I could work with them because all they're doing
is
tying your hands behind your back. You should lead THEM to their end goal.
If they want to code it a certain way, have them code it that way...

Chris Tifer