[Javascript] Checkboxes

Clancy Jones clancyjones at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:38:05 CST 2003

Hi, I have a page that has several checkboxes on it which all have the same
name "Delete".  The page is a list of records which the user can elect to
delete or modify by checking the boxes and clicking a relevant button.  I
want the user to be able to select several records to delete at one time if
they wish but they should only be able to select one record to modify at a
time.  So I want to check when they click the "Modify" button that they've
selected one, and only one, record.

Can someone tell me how I can use Javascript to test whether one or more
than one of the checkboxes has been checked?

Thanks a bunch,
Clancy