[Javascript] RE: Undefined is Undefined in IE 5

Dan Costea costea.dan at ssi-schaefer.ro
Wed Dec 10 00:54:32 CST 2003

undefined - is a reserved key word, so you should use it without ". If you say: "undefined" - this is just a string. I used undefined in IE5 and IE6 and it worked fine... But in your case, I think is better to use:

var AverageStudentsObj = document.getElementById("AverageStudents");
  if (AverageStudentsObj)
    alert (AverageStudentsObj);
  else
    alert ('object not found');