[Javascript] Why won't this work????

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Wed Jan 29 14:57:02 CST 2003

   Ah, the age-old problem of shared indices... this one still bites me every now and then.

   You are using the variable "i" to denote an index of the fieldnames array... but then when you go to check for bad characters, you are using that same variable as the loop index... so as soon as you need to check for that, your i value jumps to 23.  Make it "j" or something else, and your problem will go away.

Cheers,

Peter