[Javascript] Accented Characters in Alert box

Andrew McCombe andrew at euperia.com
Fri Jan 31 07:35:59 CST 2003

I don't think you can do this in alert boxes.  There is a way of printing
them directly using a nifty little-known trick if you are using Windows.  As
the keyboard only has 104 (or close) keys, you can access the full 256
characters of a font by holding down the right alt key and entering the on
the number pad the numerical code for the character you require:

ie:
¼ is alt+(number pad) 0188
½ = 0189
¾ = 0190