[Javascript] Newbie dipping toes in water

Peter Vogel pvogel at righthemisphere.com.au
Sun Mar 2 00:54:00 CST 2003

I want to write a JavaScript that does something like the "copy shortcut"
command in the right-click menu in IE6.  That is, I want tto read the
value of the link that was right-clicked before selecting my script from
the right-click menu.

I have managed to do the registry entires to add the item to the menu,
and it executes a file of my choice, however now I need to know where to
find the definitions I will need to use to get the link data from the
displayed html document into my script.

I have found examples that use things like

var win = external.menuArguments;
document.all.location.value = win.location.href;
document.all.location.select();

but can't find where this is all defined/explained.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Peter