[Javascript] Newbie dipping toes in water

Peter Vogel pvogel at righthemisphere.com.au
Sun Mar 2 22:10:15 CST 2003

Thanks for the example. Unfiortunately I couldn't get it to work, and
there were aspects I didn't understand, so I thought I should try
cutting it down to this:

<HTML>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
var	itsAncor=window.event.srcElement
	if ( itsAncor.tagName == "A" ); { alert(itsAncor)}
</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

Now i get an error saying "Object required" in line 3.

Could you tell me where I can find details/explanations of the objects
e.g.
window.event.srcElement

Where is there a goiod general Javascript reference site?

Thanks

Peter