[Javascript] Newbie dipping toes in water

BEKIM BACAJ trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 15:55:44 CST 2003

Sorry, the comment line might have break in two lines and caused the error.
I've tested the script and the cript does display an alertBox with the HREF
addres. I will give it once again without comments. Copy and paste it into
an any html text document that contains Ancors and right-clik on them. I'm
convinced that you will get that links text previewed into the alertBox.

After you get it to work, we can talk about the implementation, into you'r
script, but first, I too must se the handler you're using. For getting it to
be displayed in the menu. You can also try alert(itsAncor.href) and get the
same result.
If once again this does not display the alert box with ancors path in it,
the best way to solve this, is for you sending us the base script you're
using and see what the problem is,-might also be the case that you've used
this local variable 'itsAncor' in global manner. The value of itsAncor lives
and dies while exec of the getHREF function only. You must include the
commands of the menu inside this function, or make this value available in
some other global var like in this modified script:
<script>
var theLocation=""

function getHREF(){

var	itsAncor=window.event.srcElement

	if ( itsAncor.tagName == "A" ) {
            theLocation=itsAncor
		alert(theLocation)
return(false)
document.oncontextmenu=getHREF
</script>

P.S.

-Copy only the text inside the <script></script> tags and put it inside
you'r existing script Tags of the document.

Regards!