[Javascript] Restrict List Posting To Members Only?

David Merchant merchant at LATECH.EDU
Tue Mar 11 15:24:01 CST 2003

Due to larger number of spams lately, and other problems, I have been
debating with myself the idea of restricting posting to the JavaScript List
to list members only. This would stop some additional spams, but not all,
and it may also turn away some folk who may only have occasional questions
to ask and don't want list postings when they don't have a question (of
course they can subscribe and then go nomail until they have a question,
but it does mean more work).

I am leaning toward restricting posting to the list to list members only,
but before I go ahead and do that, I want to see how the list membership
feels about it.

Should posting to the list be restricted to list members only?  Yes or No?

Please send your "vote" to me directly at "merchant at latech.edu," if you
want to discuss the issue before you vote, go ahead and discuss it on the
list, but otherwise send your "yes" or "no" votes directly to me please.

TTFN,
David Merchant

Director of Integrated Technology
CATALyST