[Javascript] window properties

David T. Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Wed Mar 12 07:44:57 CST 2003

There are ways of doing it, but they are extremely painful and
require a signed script.  Method 1: use CSS (and signed scripts),
and Method 2: change the window-opening command to strip out
unwanted chrome prior to the launch.  Even then, IE will fight
like heck to keep you from nuking the titlebar, although it will
let you take out the other bits.  Netscape is a bit more problematic,
as noted.  In general, once the call to build the window is made,
the geometry is set, and no "onLoad" invoked directives will have
an effect -- until after you do a screen refresh (and maybe not
then).

-- Dave Lovering