[Javascript] automated firing off emails

David T. Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Tue Mar 18 07:51:56 CST 2003

Don't you mean 'PERL'?  Incidently, you can invoke server-side scripts from a client-side JavaScript, albeit it
is a black art (and the security nazis don't like it to be public knowledge that it is even possible).  The trick
is to use the server-side form-handling POST/GET mechanisms to invoke a server-side CGI/BIN script which (in addition to behaving like a form validation routine) also sends off the email you want.  You can use the "system"
call in PERL to issue a mail invocation, complete with subject, destination, and content.

I do all my auto email stuff from PERL, so it should be highly do-able.

-- Dave Lovering