[Javascript] Updating Textarea in Netscape

Peter Kronenberg newsletters at carouselpuppets.com
Tue Mar 18 16:26:31 CST 2003

I have a simple form with a drop down list and a Textarea.  The text in the
Textarea is updated based on the choice in the drop-down list.  With
Netscape, the Textarea is not being displayed properly, even though the
objects and variables are being updated.  If you take a look at
<http://www.carouselpuppets.com/nettest2.htm>http://www.carouselpuppets.com/nettest2.htm
, you'll see what I mean.  At first it looks ok, but if you continue making
selections, at some point the Textarea will be blank.  If you refresh the
page, then the text area shows up.  If you Submit the form, it displays
what the value should be, which again proves that the variables are being
updated.

If you look at
<http://www.carouselpuppets.com/nettest3.htm>http://www.carouselpuppets.com/nettest3.htm
, this code is exactly the same, except the text in the Textarea is
shorter.  This seems to work.

All of this works fine it IE 6.  I'm having the problem only in Netscape 6.2

Any ideas are appreicated.

thanks,
Peter