[Javascript] Javascript or ASP.Net - Input Mask for Text BoxthenAuto Tab

David Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Mon Mar 24 13:25:25 CST 2003

In the 'phone number' box you type in any legitimate phone number (8375260421), and it automaticly inserts the dashes between the fields, using a canonical phone template ###-###-####.  If you type too many digits, or a non-numeric character which doesn't match the syntax, it gooses you or throws it away if it is a redundant delimeter.  Obviously the same mechanism could be generalized to dates using slashes, providing that the regexp masks are changed accordingly.

Ditto with the toll-free field, except in this example only 800 and 888 prefixes are accepted.  Again, this was only a prototype.

Does that explain it?

-- Dave Lovering