[Javascript] Time & day-based redirects?

Terry bader at tcbader.com
Wed Mar 26 14:55:00 CST 2003

well, if you are running a large site then you are using a server side
language more then likely or even Server Side JS.  Why not just do something
like:

IF dayofweek(now()) = Monday and 0200 < now() > 0700 THEN
{
    print "
    <SCRIPT>
        alert('Site is down for maintanence');
    </SCRIPT>
    "
}

Or even better yet, like i do.  I have a table in our db for all the default
settings of the website.  In there i have:
Columns: main_siteDown, main_siteDownMsg
Values: 0, "Site is down for maintenance"

And then from a web page that we only have access too, I can change the msg
to whatever and set the main_siteDown to 2.  All accounts are locked out
except Admins.  Setting it to 1, displays the msg, usually saying "The
system is going down at whatever time" without locking ppl out.

But your time needs to originate Server Side since that is what is under
maintanence.

~ Terry
757 581-5981
AIM/Yahoo: lv2bounce