[Javascript] required entry field

Michael Dougherty Michael_Dougherty at PBP.com
Wed Mar 26 16:14:15 CST 2003

I'm thinking of VB/VFP's lostfocus() method which can return false to
prevent the loss of focus.  Consider this scenario (which is closer to what
i'm doing)

<input name='CCExpireMonth' onBlur='validMonth(this)' />
<input name='CCExpireYear' onBlur='validYear(this)' />

function validMonth( obj ) {
	if( <invalid>) {
		alert("invalid month");
		obj.select();
		obj.focus();

function validYear( obj ) {
	if( <invalid> ) {
		alert("invalid year");
		obj.select();
		obj.focus();

  After the object's BLUR, the method fires.  Does this mean that during the
execution of the method that no control has focus?  When the obj.focus()
statement is executed, will another onBlur be executed first or is there no
currently focused control to Blur at this point?  (hopefully this question
is understandable, because it's late in the day  <g>)