[Javascript] Any creative way to pull html content same way js files are pulled

BEKIM BACAJ trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:35:52 CST 2003

Im sure you are aware of the fact that IE has implemented a databinding
object since IE 4.01 version browser, but that NN didn't(?) -And because of
this fact you ask for some work-around, in order to write browser
independent scripts and HTML, I was having this problem a few years ago
because of a simple thought: My aim was having some page, "a master layout",
that can host some fancy contents, always fresh materials, realtime
updatable, as the client reads it. But I never wrote it.

My original idea was to update DIV contents Headings etc, without ever
leaving the page. <script src="" ...can read any text doc async., what makes
it the best choice. As soon as you change the src.,loc., it downloads the
newlly aquired location.

with a script that can read the src file date modifyed, you can ask
automatic reload of the same document with some timer cycling at most once
per minute, as son as the content manager has closed the document, and as
soon as the script checks for date time change and compares with variable
time date of the first session load, and returns false it is time to notify
and ask the client:new content avilable! update: yes |now, he will be
propted again in a minute.

but as I've said, I never wrote it.

About scrollbars, srollbars-not,
reading these posts you've inspired me to think of a script that can make it
possible (in case of nonscrollable body height and width of the page two
times larger than user screen) to give the client ability to navigate and
move the page layout with the mouse same way they do in AcrobatReader.
Woulldn't it be nice?

Nice creative exchanges going on
Thanks