[Javascript] Suppressing wrap

David T. Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Sat May 3 01:51:55 CDT 2003

I'm trying to build rows in tables dynamicly using JavaScript, and am having some problems mapping the various 'in-line' parameters for <td> into comparable structures which can be used with innerHTML or something comparable.

Of particular concern is "nowrap".  In the good old days it was feasible to have an HTML construct like

I've tried the obvious CSS equivalent as follows:

	var myTd = createElement("TD");
    myTd.style = "wrap: 'off'";

... and it basicly nukes the whole row containing the equivalent <td>

Anybody have some ideas?  The justification and wrap of text is critical in this application, as it will be visible on a number of public kiosks.

-- Dave Lovering