[Javascript] increaseing GDI Objects

Dan Costea costea.dan at ssi-schaefer.ro
Thu May 8 02:27:58 CDT 2003

    Hi,

I have a big intranet application, with allot of js. It works only on IE (we use IE6.0).
I observed (with task manager) that if I have "n" GDI objects, I open a window and then close it, then I have about n+20 DGI objects. This problem cause the freeze of the IE after a while (few hours) of using the application (the GDI objects are limited and the application permanently increase them).

Any ideas why is this happening? How can I control this from js or what could I do wrong?

A little more info about the application:
for webserver I use jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3, with jdk1.3-ibm.