[Javascript] Encrypting JavaScript

Andrew Gibson andyg at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 14 21:54:08 CDT 2003

I'm sure there are good reasons for trying to encrypt or hide client side
code....or else, we are saying Jscript can never be used for a commercial
application  !?

But lets face it, any snippet of your client side code, can be easily
duplicated by any experienced code writer.....without even seeing the
source.....

Its the application in total that you would want to protect I would think,
and because this would normally be a combination of client and server side
script, a developer might be hard pressed to copy the entire application for
their own use.......I dont know if reverse engineering is the term, but by
the time they got it working for themselves, and were able to maintain it,
they would have been better off doing it from scratch!

Andrew Gibson