[Javascript] frameborder object issues

David T. Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Thu May 15 08:17:45 CDT 2003

I have two frames in a side-by-side arrangement.  I'd like to detect when the cursor is over the middle boundary in order to (1) change the mid-bar color, (2) change the cursor to a drag-hand, and (3) revert back to the normal state once the drag event
has completed.

The exterior frame boundaries (outer right, left, top, bottom, and corners) all work as advertised -- but the interior frame boundaries don't seem to autodetect cursor position in quite the same way.  The boundary geometry WILL alter during the drag event
(in other words, the boundary isn't locked), but the cursor icon doesn't change as it should.

Please limit all suggestions to "pure" JavaScript -- I'm alergic to ASP and other semi-proprietary language implementations.  [More flame mail sure to follow...]

-- Dave Lovering