[Javascript] Javascript - Form value undefined

David Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Tue Nov 11 08:21:16 CST 2003

While this is all perfectly correct, it is sometimes easier to combine the
two routines together, and return the value after the first successful 'hit'
within the radio-button group.  In other words:

 function radio_active(radio_group) {
     // Run through the group
     for (counter = 0; counter < radio_group.length; counter++) {
         // When we find the activated button, return the index
         if (radio_group[counter].checked) {
             return radio_group[counter].value;
     // If no button is activated, return -1
     return -1
}

This runs a LOT faster, particularly if your web page gets a lot of hits
and/or you have a humongous number of radio buttons in the group.

-- Dave Lovering