[Javascript] Need Response right away !!

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Nov 11 16:32:20 CST 2003

Bommadeni, Rajanee wrote:

> function submitTestingToolForm(actionType){
>   var sForm = getObject('soTestingToolForm');
>   if(sForm != null){
>     if ( actionType == "writeToQueue.do" ){
>       if ( confirm ("Would you like to save the XML before continuing?") ){
>         actionType = "downloadXml.do";
>         }
>       }
>     sForm.action = actionType;
>     enableAllField(sForm);
>     sForm.submit();
>   }
> }

> When i call the "submitTestingToolForm" with "actionType" as
> "writeToQueue.do", then am asking to confirm "Would you like to save the
> XML before continuing?", if the client clicks "ok" then i will be
> calling "downloadXml.do". Then am submitting the form. After this form
> is submitted i need to call "writeToQueue.do" rightaway.

So are you saying you don't want `downloadXml.do` to return anything
to the browser?

If so (and assuming this is Struts) you can probably do a forward
from `downloadXml.do` to `writeToQueue.do` (using a RequestDispatcher).
That also assumes they both implement either doGet or doPost :-)

If I've misunderstood your question, apologies. In any case, this
isn't really a JavaScript question, but HTH, and good luck!

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.