[Javascript] splice

liorean liorean at f2o.org
Fri Nov 14 05:39:46 CST 2003

Chris Basken wrote:
> Did something happen to the splice function between IE 5 and 6?
> It seems to be complaining about my use of splice, but I don't recall this
> throwing an error before.  Am I missing something here?

IIRC, splice is one of those JavaScript features that did not make it
into ie5.0w, together with many advanced regex constructs and the array
modification methods. Ie5.5w and forth, however, should support it. (It
may be just ie6w, but I doubt it. There were very few changes to the
JScript engine between those two, so the change is more likely to have
taken place in the 5.0 -> 5.5 update.)

Have a look at
<http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19996&highlight=Array>

--
liorean <mailto:liorean at user.bip.net>

ViewStyles, ViewScripts, ToggleStyles and GraphicsInfo bookmarklets and
Theme Switcher, Cookies Handler scripts:
<http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>