[Javascript] How to refer to an HTML element's ID attribute

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Fri Nov 14 13:26:29 CST 2003

	Oh... I was just telling him what would work instead of
recommending that he give his users the finger :)

	It's very easy to write a getElement() function that takes into
account every browser from 4 to the present.  Much easier, in fact, than
getting Joe Modem to download a new browser program at 28.8kbps.