[Javascript] chopping up a string?

Walter Torres walter at torres.ws
Mon Nov 17 09:27:12 CST 2003

your theory works as well as mine.

The only thing I would change...

> i.e
>
> current date is 17/11/03
>
> oursatestring is 17/11/
>
> strip the 6 characters off current date to leave 03
>
> 17/11/ + 03

Why waste energy stripping the year off?

just use...   getYear()

This will return a 2 digit year for you.

> and there you have it the date in a variable created from the
> numbers added into the reqdate box.

Yep. Works fine.

Folks can quibble about style, but what you have sounds fine to me.

I image others will chime in with their version.

Good luck.

Walter