[Javascript] Text Editor Needed

Tim Makins spindrift at oceanfree.net
Wed Nov 19 01:51:41 CST 2003

Hahaha isn't English a wonderful language. It is soooo easy to assume that
others will understand a simple statement, but as we have seen from major
wars, or our wives, this isn't always the case!

By 'sort lines', I meant that if I had a text file as follows:

Banana 125645
Grape 86334
Apple 88654
Orange 943434

it would sort it alpabetically to:

Apple 88654
Banana 125645
Grape 86334
Orange 943434

I had a look at Emacs, but from the manual it seems command-line driven.
UltraEdit seems good, but is only free for 45 days. Jedit also looks good,
but I have an (unreasonable ?) hatred of Java applications so try to keep
them off my computer. As Bekim suggests, I could of course quickly write a
page that sorts between 2 javascript text boxes, but I was rather hoping for
something a bit more integrated. My normal text editor is EditPadLite, and
it is free and brilliant, though only the paid for 'Pro' version does
sorting - I may pay to get this. I am currently trying a copy of
http://www.textpad.com/index.html though this is not free either.

Tim in Ireland.