[Javascript] Debugger

Hakan M. hakan at backbase.com
Thu Nov 20 09:44:41 CST 2003

> In fact, they wouldn't need using one of those libraries - they have
> prefect PNG support in among other applications DirectX, iem and
> Office. They just need to put some priority to the iew development,
> which is where they fail.

Then, if it is that easy, explain again how Microsoft is NOT
deliberately excluding very, very wanted features for their
browser(software)? If they had any interest in end user developers, why
not just set aside one hour of work for one or two developers? Is your
argument still that it's all about money?

I'm pretty sure that Microsoft have an army of strategist (is it the
correct word?) as well, and while their minds are surely set on money in
80% of the cases, I would be surprised if they're not also actively
making sure that Microsoft is "on top", one way or another.
Concentrating on non-standard solutions while being the superior
software provider of the planet (at least for normal users) will do this
job very well, since it will be they and only they who know how to work
the machine in the end.

I'm sorry for the unfriendly tone previously. I get caught up in
discussions badly, and in my opinion Microsoft is The Company when it
comes to f**king with us, the developers. I didn't use to have this
black and white view on it, but after talking to a lot of people (among
other, people working for Microsoft) who fully or partially confirmed
that Microsofts point in everything is "we won't do it the way you want
or the way you think or the good way , we do it our way" - because then
they're in control of everything.

Money is a very big issue, yes, but power and world dominance (he he)
are big issues as well.