[Javascript] Debugger

Robert Pollard rpollard at apple.com
Thu Nov 20 12:07:34 CST 2003

On Thursday, November 20, 2003, at 07:44 AM, Hakan M. wrote:

>> In fact, they wouldn't need using one of those libraries - they have
>> prefect PNG support in among other applications DirectX, iem and
>> Office. They just need to put some priority to the iew development,
>> which is where they fail.
>

> Then, if it is that easy, explain again how Microsoft is NOT
> deliberately excluding very, very wanted features for their
> browser(software)? If they had any interest in end user developers,
> why not just set aside one hour of work for one or two developers? Is
> your argument still that it's all about money?
>
> I'm pretty sure that Microsoft have an army of strategist (is it the
> correct word?) as well, and while their minds are surely set on money
> in 80% of the cases, I would be surprised if they're not also actively
> making sure that Microsoft is "on top", one way or another.
> Concentrating on non-standard solutions while being the superior
> software provider of the planet (at least for normal users) will do
> this job very well, since it will be they and only they who know how
> to work the machine in the end.
>
> I'm sorry for the unfriendly tone previously. I get caught up in
> discussions badly, and in my opinion Microsoft is The Company when it
> comes to f**king with us, the developers. I didn't use to have this
> black and white view on it, but after talking to a lot of people
> (among other, people working for Microsoft) who fully or partially
> confirmed that Microsofts point in everything is "we won't do it the
> way you want or the way you think or the good way , we do it our way"
> - because then they're in control of everything.
>
> Money is a very big issue, yes, but power and world dominance (he he)
> are big issues as well.

If you're not lying to us then you have heard it from the horse's
mouth.  This is no secret.  I sincerely believe they do these things on
purpose for the sole purpose of dominance.

What I don't understand is if Microsoft admits it why does people that
don't work for Microsoft having trouble admitting it?