[Javascript] Document.lastModified

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 04:31:11 CDT 2003

>Impossible!!!

Not at all. Don't be so quick to judge.

>same script show's DLM in folowing format: 10/08/2003 00:32:47
>You must have written some other scripts that interfere with current one,
>some date objects etc otherwise ?????????

Not at all.

>>I incorporated the following command in a few html documents:
>>
>><script
>>type="text/javascript">document.write(document.lastModified);</script>
>>
>>But what I get is " January 1, 1970 GMT " in all of them.

Then

a) you're using Netscape
b) the server the pages are on does not send a Last Modified date back to
the browser.

See http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?lastmod.html for more
information.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/