[Javascript] looking for HACK for events

Chris Tifer christ at saeweb.com
Wed Oct 8 12:36:48 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Walter Torres" <walter at torres.ws>
To: "[JavaScript List]" <javascript at LaTech.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 1:28 PM
Subject: RE: [Javascript] looking for HACK for events

I agree with Geoff Corriere which has me more confused by your answer. I
read
through your other e-mail and don't see why you're having the problem
(unless I still
don't understand it).

Say you have something that should fade in on the onload event of a
document.

document.body.onload = doFade

That would call a function called doFade*(

Now say you wanted to have it blink instead. Perhaps you'd do:

document.body.onload = doBlink

Which would in turn call a function called doBlink()

Now if you liked the blinking, but wanted it to fade, just call a new
function like:

document.body.onload = doActions

and doActions would be like:

function doActions(){
    doBlink();
    doFade();
}

Of course that's a bad example as I hope no one wants to make their page
blink, then fade, but just set it so your event calls the function which is
going to set off a series of actions (other functions).

Am I way off on your problem?

Chris Tifer
http://emailajoke.com