[Javascript] looking for HACK for events

Walter Torres walter at torres.ws
Wed Oct 8 14:45:08 CDT 2003

OK, lets take this...

say you have a method defined in an external file...

   <script src='./TextArea_status-bar.js'></script>

and in that file I have a line...

    document.myText.onKeyPress = doStatus   // I don't, works for discussion

now, I need to use another external method as well...

   <script src='./TextArea_password.js'></script>

    document.myText.onKeyPress = doPassword   // I don't, works for
discussion

The second will cancel the first.

And since they are independent, don't know each other exists so I really can
to...

   function doActions(){
       doStatus();
       doPassword();
   }

This is my quandary.

How do I make the browser do what it can't do! ;)

I thought of the doActions() concept. I just don't know how to tell it to
add (pick your method) to its command list.

Does this help explain?

Walter