[Javascript] Automatic Password Entry

mark o' sullivan mark.r.osullivan at aib.ie
Wed Oct 29 04:15:01 CST 2003

Hi,
Does anyone know how to prevent the following. I have a simple form which
validates a user name and password. How can I either write javascript or
configure settings in 'Internet Explorer' to prevent the password field
becoming automatically entered?
This is what happens. A user who has already used the site enters their
user id and then hits return.
Unfortunately the user password is automatically entered and so anyone
under this name can enter the site.
I know 'Internet Explorer' automatically gives user an option of retaining
this information earlier but I've forgotten what it was. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Mark.

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by
 the addressee unless otherwise indicated.
Allied Irish Banks