[Javascript] how to pass values to a frame

Chris Tifer christ at saeweb.com
Tue Sep 9 07:56:48 CDT 2003

You lost me a little bit on the explanation, but say you have two frames:
Header and Main (those are the names of the frames you designate)

And if you have a function in the "Top" frame called doThis() and you want
to call it from the bottom from, you would target it like:

parent.frames["Header"].doThis()

and vice versa if you wanted to call a function that resides in "Main" from
"Header"

It will work the same with variables... Hopefully that gives you an idea.

Chris Tifer
http://emailajoke.com