[Javascript] Disable or "grey out" fieldsets in a form

Guy Platt guy at webbnet.com
Tue Sep 16 04:14:52 CDT 2003

Hi,

I'd love to hear from anyone who can help me achieve the following:

I'm building a large membership form, but based on the membership type I
want to control what fields are input capable.

The form consists of three fieldsets. The first set is always required,
and the other two should initially be "grayed out".

If the user checks a check  box to request additional services, then the
other two fieldssets should become active. Uncheck and they become
grayed out.

I searched the archives but didn't see any mention of how to do this.

The page is html 4.1 transitional, using CSS fairly extensively.

many thanks
 Guy