[Javascript] dynamically setting the value for a file select element

David T. Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Mon Sep 22 10:08:33 CDT 2003

My notes show that only a signed script can do this, and only on fairly recent (patched) browsers. Of course, this may be "forward-thinking" (aka "smoke-and-mirrors") on the part of M$oft, as many of these "enhancements" announced last year have still to
be implemented.  I don't know about Mozilla et al, as I'm not privy to their developer's lists.

God knows, M$oft doesn't need to create any more security holes in their browser (IE) -- it looks like a sieve now!

-- Dave Lovering