Repost of:[Javascript] Adding an item to a select list from another window

Robert Pollard rpollard at apple.com
Thu Sep 25 10:44:19 CDT 2003

I'm sorry I posted this with the typo.  I had to change the code after
I copied into the email and didn't notice I replaced the text
incorrectly.
My code doesn't have 2 options[j] in it.  I just posted it incorrectly
to the list.

I apologize for wasting your time with a typo.

Here is the code as it is in my source:

	var vFields = new Option(commaDelimitedList, "",false,false);
	var j = window.opener.document.forms[0].elements[aValue[i]].length;

It's good up until here.  This next line causes Explorer to
unexpectedly quit.
	window.opener.document.forms[0].elements[aValue[i]].options[j] =
vFields;
This next line just returns a no object error.
	window.opener.document.forms[0].elements[aValue[i]].options[j].value =
commaDelimitedList;

Platform is Mac OS X 10.2.3
Explorer: 5.2

Any ideas why this wouldn't work?  Notice the second line actually
returns a value.

Thanks for any insight,

Robert Pollard