[Javascript] How to disable by id in Mozilla -- working in in most browsers NOT opera

Guy Platt guy at webbnet.com
Fri Sep 26 03:02:24 CDT 2003

Hassan,

> ? What version of Mozilla? The code below works fine in Moz 1.4
> and IE 5.5 (both on Win) at least....

Sorry I didn't post the HTML as well so you could see that the ID I was
working with was for a fieldset. While the code you posted works
perfectly for input fields it has no effect on fieldsets in Mozilla. (
In IE the disable grays out the fieldset in the same way it grays the
input fields).

I wanted it to be very clear to the person entering the data that the
whole section was disabled.  I guess I could play with changing the
background color of the fieldset, and disabling all the fields
individually,  but I guess I found it easier just to change the code to
use display.

regards
 Guy