Repost of:[Javascript] Adding an item to a select list from another window

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Fri Sep 26 15:54:36 CDT 2003

Robert,

	Yeah, it's definitely more style-related.  I don't know of a
good Netscape-related resource, but since I spend most of my time
developing for IE, the best thing I've found is
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml
/reference/objects/option.asp (watch for wrapping).  This gives you
properties, methods, collections, styles, behaviors, and events for just
about every object in the MS IE world.  Many of them are transferable to
other browsers, and where they aren't, you can usually get some
assistance from the list here.

	Once you have a reference to the option object itself, you can
just specify the style attribute in script, e.g.

theOption.style.color = "green";

or

theOption.style.color = "#009900";

Cheers,