[Javascript] Mail from Javascript Not Working

Peter Gibson PeterGibson at Shaw.ca
Mon Dec 27 13:33:20 CST 2004

I have a page at http://www.meantrader.com/Trial.htm that I use to accept
trial subscribers to a service I run.

I have Javascript on page that validates that user has supplied an e-mail
address and confirms user has accepted the terms and conditions for the service.  Works
fine on our computers.  Receiving complaints from users attempting to sign
up that nothing happens when they attempt to sign up.

What I have programmed on the form is:

<FORM NAME ="form1" action="mailto:Trial at MEANtrader.com" METHOD="post"
onsubmit="validate();"

So I'm expected the user to see an e-mail sent with the Trial subscription
information.

Appreciate any ideas on what problem might be going on and best way to test for this
kind of thing.  Thanks.