[Javascript] aligning table columns

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Wed Feb 11 14:04:17 CST 2004

>From a rather IE-centric viewpoint:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/wid
th_2.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/off
setwidth.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/pix
elwidth.asp

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: javascript-bounces at LaTech.edu
[mailto:javascript-bounces at LaTech.edu] On Behalf Of Paul Novitski

Dave,

I can see your perspective and agree with it in certain contexts,
although
in other cases I want to delegate table-rendering to the browser -- I
just
want to be able to go in after the fact, read cell widths accurately,
and
tweak them programmatically.

I'm still looking for illumination on the differences between the
.width,
.offsetWidth, and .pixelWidth values.  Can anyone explain or send me to
good resource?

Thanks,

Paul