[Javascript] (OT) IE support for input type="image"

Reuben D. Budiardja reubendb at innovativethought.com
Mon Jun 7 08:30:40 CDT 2004

Hello,
This is possibly OT but I don't know where else to ask, since this list is
closely related to web development anyway...
I try to use forms with something like this:
<INPUT TYPE="image" SRC="myimage.png" NAME="varName" VALUE="myValue">

This works fine in Mozilla , netscape, firefox. But when I try with IE, it
does not work. The VALUE attribute is not submmited. Is this a known problem
with IE support for this, or am I missing something ? I thought this is in
the HTML 4.0 recommendation. Please let me know if it's not. I'm trying to
follow standard so if it's not in the recommendation then I shouldn't use it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
RDB