[Javascript] Printing Frames question . . .

LGO ô¿ô Le_Geefted_One at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 9 18:48:43 CDT 2004

Chris T wrote:

> Object expected errors generally get arise when it can't find the function,
> but you say this is all in the same BODY tag. Odd.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying, but I'm not certain I explained things very well. I've done
some more experimenting with this script and this is where I'm at now . . .

It's a two frame frameset with a header frame and a main frame, and in fact,
those are the frame names; "header" and "main."  I want a link in the header
frame document to print the main frame document. All of the script I sent
earlier was in the header document, as is what's below. The following is exactly
as it appears in my page . . .

In the header document I put in the <head> . . . </head> section;

     <script>
     function framePrint(){
     parent.main.focus();
     parent.main.print();
     }
     </script>

In the body of the header document I have;

When I run this I get the following the error message:

     'parent.main' is null or not an object

I tried your suggestion of putting alert(main) after the declaration statement,
and I get the error message

     'main' is not defined

error message.

I feel totally clueless as I'm sure it's some syntax error that I should now.
Any guidance you can offer will be appreciated.

Many thanks!