[Javascript] Select Box - List Style

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Mon Jun 14 12:46:12 CDT 2004

Dave,

On Jun 14, 2004, at 1:01 PM, Dave Stoltz wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> But the only problem with that is, if I populate the listbox with a
> long
> string, it won't stretch...
> I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too....:)

You can do it via javascript.  After you fill the options array, loop
through the options, count the number of characters in each option.text
and set the width of the select in ems based on the number of
characters in the longest option.

If you need code, let me know.

Roger
Roger Roelofs                 web   www.datacompusa.com