[Javascript] line end character ;

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:08:21 CDT 2004

>Should external script files use the line end character ; as a rule?
Not nesesarilly, it is usable/required only in ONE(1)-LINE txt files.
Otherwise the invisible newline character is legal script separator.
>I left it off, now the javascript code cruncher(s) expect to find it
That's possible, -modify it!
>If the right thing to do is end lines with ";" then why isn't it required?
The right thing to do would have been: -write the same code for all
browsers, but it isn't!
>I don't think developers should be allowed (by the language) to be lazy
>with regards to syntax, we're lazy enough everywhere else :)
I can't comment opinions.
Regards, Bekim.